CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

The longest week of my life!

Well it has been a week and 2 days since I moved back home. It still feels like I am on break and that i will be traveling back to richmond in a couple of weeks, but i know deep down that I won't, that makes me very sad. Anyways I wanted to update everyone on my holiday adventures!!!!!!





Matt's Christmas- was fun, we did our usual traditions. It was really weird though becuase it wasn't really Christmas eve my cousins both had their girl friends there, turning our 5 grandchildren into 9. this also made me feel bad becuase I was the only one with out a SO there. Oh well I am starting to get use to being single and being around couples..... someday.... Anyways it went well, really wasn't exciting or anything I did however recieve the movie BABY MAMA, Bitch I don't know your life! lol I can now watch it as much as I want and whenever I want.





christmas eve- well this was a hard day for me. I spent the day home with a sick dad and helping my mom getting ready for the wedding stuff. then instead of going to church (this is my favorite day to go to church) we went to visit with my gradma...that was nice, lots of tears were shed by all. My dad didn't go with us because he was sick. then we wnet to my nana nad papaws for teh rest of christmas eve. I didn't get anything exciting, a lot of children's books. Which is awesome becuase I need to build up my library. It was hard because my family of 5 turned into a family of 2. Also hard becuase my cousins were all talking about how they hated that we changed things this year. They want to do everything new years eve and if you can't make it then sorry. I looked at them with tears in my eyes and said. As a member of the family who went from 5 to 2 tonight I am thankful that we had it yesterday. This is the hardest Christmas and it hurts to listen to you guys complain. (I think they got my point).





Christmas day- I had decided I was going to have a good attitude about this day because I knew it was going to be hard. I woke spent the morning talking with my parents, then around 2 matt and kelli came home and we had christmas. once again nothing to exciting i got a DVD player and a pearl necklace. After we did that gern and todd and leah came over and we had christmas with them. I got some new shoes....wohoo.





As far as christmas' go this one was not very exciting





December 26th-rehersal!! This went well and was fun. I loved it because I was the only bridesmaid who knew the guys so they gave me a lot of attention, which everyone knows I love!!! lol I also made myself drink wine. The bar was only wine and beer, so I did it. I actually kind of liked it and I think if I contiue making myself drink it I will even enjoy it, which would make my life easier because wine is a lot less expensive then my other drinks. well except smironoff lol anyways. the rehersal was fun and got be excited for the wedding. I didn't really cry this day, which was agreat change from the previous days.





Oh I forgot, I got to spend all day with my brother!!! we went out to lunch and then shopping to find him good deals on Christmas decorations. it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! we had a lot of fun!!!!





Wedding day arrived. When I woke up I got very excited. My mom and I headed over to the hair place at 8, I loved my hair it was sooo pretty. Then I got my nails done and then we went to macy's to get make up. I will admit i have never felt so pretty in my whole life. for once I wanted people to look at me! lol
Once I put on my dress I felt so pretty, The wedding was beautiful and the reception was blast, I danced allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll night it was wonderful. I have to admit it was also fun being the sister of the groom becuase I new over half the people there!!! It was awesome we got to see a lot of people that we hadn't see in a really long time!!!!! wohoo!!okay i tired of writting on her eI will write more later.....

Basically all you need to know is I am happy, and had a wonderful couple of days. I hope you guys had a great christmas!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my God, Katie you looked gorgeous! Not that I'm surprised, but WOW! I'm glad the holidays weren't as bad as you thought they would be. I miss you tons and can't wait to see you! Love ya lots!

Anonymous said...

Katie you looked beautiful, even more beautiful than usual. I'm glad your Christmas turned out better than expected. It will get easier. Trust me. I couldn't even get through the 1st Christmas after Marti married so she and Michael spent Christmas Eve at my house (after his family's Christmas Eve thing) so we could still wake up and be there together. Now, I would be okay if they just came on Christmas Day. It does get easier. The first time is just rough.

I am glad the wedding and rehersal was fun. You had a huge week!!! I think it all sounds very exciting!!! I love you and miss you bunches!!! Can't wait to see you!!!